Skilled Care for Seniors
Sometimes after an acute hospital stay, seniors need more care than home care services or family members or caregivers can provide, but in a less intense setting than traditional hospital care. At Baton Rouge General, there is a place where you can receive around-the-clock medical attention and exceptional care.
Baton Rouge General Medical Center has two Licensed Skilled Nursing Units that aim to combine the advantages of the rehabilitation and 24-hour skilled nursing care, helping return our patients back to the life they were leading prior to hospitalization. Our staff provides an environment of caring and compassion with a focus on assisting patients to regain their quality of life.
Our Multidisciplinary staff includes:
- Doctors with specialized training and experience in internal medicine and care of the geriatric population
- Registered nurses and licensed practical nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- Activities coordinator
- Case managers/social workers
- Ancillary (assisting) service
- Private-room setting that allows for adequate resting, visitation by friends and family and privacy
- Weekly care planning conferences with interdisciplinary treatment teams
- One-on-one patient/family education and/or training sessions
- Community re-entry training environments, including a fully functional simulated house
- Onsite washer/dryer for patient/family use
- Activities for patients
- Comprehensive discharge planning
- Therapy services: physical, occupational, speech therapy
- Wound care
- IV antibiotics
- 24 hour skilled nursing services
Patients can be referred for an skilled stay by their doctor, home health nurse or therapist, family or anyone associated with the patient who feels our services could be beneficial. Our Clinical Liaisons will come out to meet with the patient and family to discuss our facility and the admissions process.
If you have questions or would like to speak with someone regarding the services provided on the rehabilitation unit or about getting someone into our facility, please call 225-381-7161 and ask to speak with one of our Clinical Liaisons.